From TGS International
Understanding God when He doesn’t seem to understand you
God, I have so many questions. So many things I don’t understand.
- God, you promised me a Christian husband and family, but I’m getting too old.
- God, you gave me the desire to be an engineer but haven’t given me the money I need to go to university.
- God, why did you let my mother die after I claimed your power to heal her?
- God, I’ve prayed and prayed but you still haven’t given me the money I need to pay my gambling debts.
- God, I prayed but you didn’t answer. In fact, I’ve prayed for years, but you just ignore me.
- God, why did my innocent little girl have to die? Why did you allow someone to kidnap her and rape her?
- God, my baby is sick and needs an operation. Are you punishing him because of my sins?
The seed for this book came from questions like this written by people like you. I have struggled along with many of you, trying to answer that question: “Why Lord?” Understanding God’s answers, or lack of answers, can be hard.
In this book, I’ve tried to cast some light on this. It’s just a little bit of light because in many ways God is beyond my understanding. Yet God doesn’t want you to wallow in a slough of despair. If you are drowning in the mud of doubt and misery, I hope this book will give you a glimpse of something better. And help you to understand God better.